"Summertime, and the livin' is easy," the popular George Gershwin song goes. Let's face it,summertime brings with it not only welcome warm weather, but a sense of adventure and possibility. That's why we're excited for you to sit back, relax and enjoy reading through these 50 summer quotes that remind us all why this is the season of sun-kissed hope and happiness! For the best quotes about summer, from funny to inspirational, we rounded up the top ones.
Between hikes in nature or around the neighborhood, picnic dinners in the backyard, running through the sprinklers in swimsuits as a whole family, picking up ice cream to go—or making your own(!), soaking up vitamin D with outdoor projects like new landscaping or tending to your garden, watching the sunrise and set from your porch, and more—this summer will be one for the books!
So, get excited for these long days of epic play, peaceful rest and encouraging uplift for your spirit! Here are 50 summer quotes to refresh and inspire you!
50 Summer Quotes
1. "And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer." — F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. "Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time." — John Lubbock
Related: 50 Best Summer Movies of All Time
3. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability." — Sam Keen
4. "Summers had a logic all their own and they always brought something out in me. Summer was supposed to be about freedom and youth and no school and possibilities and adventure and exploration. Summer was a book of hope. That's why I loved and hated summers. Because they made me want to believe." — Benjamin Alire Sáenz
5. "Summer was our best season: it was sleeping on the back screened porch in cots, or trying to sleep in the tree house; summer was everything good to eat; it was a thousand colors in a parched landscape..." — Harper Lee
6. "Some of the best memories are made in flip-flops." — Kellie Elmore
7. "I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June." — L.M. Montgomery
8. "Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. "It's a smile, it's a kiss, it's a sip of wine ... It's summertime!" — Kenny Chesney
Related: Fun Summer Date Ideas
10. "Summertime is always the best of what might be." — Charles Bowden
11. "One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by." — Jeannette Walls
12. "If it could only be like this always — always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe." — Evelyn Waugh
13. "Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June." — Al Bernstein
14. "I have only to break into the tightness of a strawberry, and I see summer – its dust and lowering skies." — Toni Morrison
15. "The summer night is like a perfection of thought." — Wallace Stevens
16. "Summer has always been my favorite season. I feel happier." — Zooey Deschanel
17. "I love summertime more than anything else in the world. That is the only thing that gets me through the winter, knowing that summer is going to be there." — Jack McBrayer
Related: Funny Summer Puns
18. "Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you." — Langston Hughes
19. "Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy. To do nothing and have it count for something. To lie in the grass and count the stars. To sit on a branch and study the clouds." — Regina Brett
20. "In summer, the song sings itself." — William Carlos Williams
21. "Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August." — Jenny Han
22. "Summer is singing with joy, and the beaches are inviting you with dancing waves." — Debasish Mridha
23. "If summer had one defining scent, it'd definitely be the smell of barbecue." — Katie Lee
24. "All in all, it was a never-to-be-forgotten summer — one of those summers which come seldom into any life, but leave a rich heritage of beautiful memories in their going — one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends and delightful doing, come as near to perfection as anything can come in this world." — L.M. Montgomery
25. "It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside." — Maud Hart Lovelace
26. "In the summer I was a wild child in the woods, with no shoes, and in the fall it was back to the city, shoe shops and school." — Margaret Atwood
27. "Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." —Henry James
28. "When I figured out how to work my grill, it was quite a moment. I discovered that summer is a completely different experience when you know how to grill." — Taylor Swift
29. "Long stormy spring-time, wet contentious April, winter chilling the lap of very May; but at length the season of summer does come." — Thomas Carlyle
30. "I like summer. I like warmer weather and long days." — Danielle Steel
31. "When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble is too difficult to overcome." — Wilma Rudolph
32. "Summer passes and one remembers one's exuberance." — Yoko Ono
33. "Oh, the summer night, has a smile of light, and she sits on a sapphire throne." — Bryan Procter
34. "She smelled of sun and daisies with a hint of river water." — Katie Daisy
35. "A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in." — Robert Orben
36. "Summer, after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people. For those few months, you’re not required to be who everyone thinks you are, and that cut-grass smell in the air and the chance to dive into the deep end of a pool give you a courage you don’t have the rest of the year. You can be grateful and easy, with no eyes on you, and no past. Summer just opens the door and lets you out." — Deb Caletti
37. "Smell the sea, and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly." — Van Morrison
38. "In the summer, the days were long, stretching into each other. Out of school, everything was on pause and yet happening at the same time, this collection of weeks when anything was possible." — Sarah Dessen
39. "I almost wish we were butterflies and liv'd but three summer days - three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain." — John Keats
40. "Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadows." — Helen Keller
41. "Summer's lease hath all too short a date." — William Shakespeare
42. "Rejoice as summer should...chase away sorrows by living." — Melissa Marr
43. "There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart." — Celia Thaxter
44. "The library in summer is the most wonderful thing because there you get books on any subject and read them each for only as long as they hold your interest, abandoning any that don't, halfway or a quarter of the way through if you like, and store up all that knowledge in the happy corners of your mind for your own self and not to show off how much you know or spit it back at your teacher on a test paper." — Polly Horvath
45. "In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explode, and every sunset is different." — John Steinbeck
46. "Summertime. It was a song. It was a season. I wondered if that season would ever live inside of me." — Benjamin Alire Sáenz
47. "Even so, there were times I saw freshness and beauty. I could smell the air, and I really loved rock 'n' roll. Tears were warm, and girls were beautiful, like dreams. I liked movie theaters, the darkness and intimacy, and I liked the deep, sad summer nights." — Haruki Murakami
48. "I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket." — Kellie Elmore
49. "It is easy to forget now, how effervescent and free we all felt that summer." — Anna Godbersen
50. "A little bit of summer is what the whole year is all about." — John Mayer
Want more great quotes? Check out…
50Thinking of You Quotes
150Good Morning Quotes
100Wedding and Marriage Quotes
100Quotes about Change
150 Life Quotes
What is a famous Quote about summer? ›
"Summertime is always the best of what might be." "I am more myself in a garden than anywhere else on earth." "'Cause a little bit of summer is what the whole year is all about." "Oh, the summer night, has a smile of light, and she sits on a sapphire throne."What is a famous quote about sunshine? ›
"There is nothing more beautiful than a rainbow, but it takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow." "A sunny disposition is worth more than a fortune." "Think of the day alive with sunshine, not the dismal days of rain." "When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunshine."What is a beautiful quote about the sun? ›
- Sunshine is my quest. ...
- The Sun is not God, though His noblest image. ...
- The Sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world's joy. ...
- Thou art the Sun of other days. ...
- In the Sun, I feel as one.
"A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in." "Sweet, sweet burn of sun and summer wind, and you, my friend, my new fun thing, my summer fling." "When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble is too difficult to overcome." "We know summer is the height of being alive."What is the endless summer quote? ›
Narrator : Many of us ride winter and summer, but the ultimate thing for us would be to have an endless summer. The only way to do this is to travel around the world.What are 3 good quotes? ›
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - ...
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - ...
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. ...
- If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -
- “Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.” ...
- “Even for me life had its gleams of sunshine.” ...
- “I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house." ...
- “What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. The most beautiful things are not associated with money; they are memories and moments. If you don't celebrate those, they can pass you by.What is the quote sun energy? ›
#1. “Every 24 hours, enough sunlight touches the Earth to provide energy for the entire planet for 24 years.” Solar energy quotes such as this one can be easily justified and backed up by facts. Here's one such fact for you!Does the sun promise to shine quotes? ›
Does the sun promise to shine? No, but it will— even behind the darkest clouds, and no promise will make it shine longer or brighter for that is its fate, to burn until it can burn no more. To love you is not my promise but my fate— to burn for you until I can burn no more.
What are good short quotes? ›
Inspirational Short Quotes and Sayings
“If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” “When you have a dream, you've got to grab it and never let go.” “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”What do you say at the end of summer? ›
“With all these lovely tokens of September days are here, with summers best of weather and the autumns best of cheer.” “Summer's lease hath all too short a date.” “One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter.” “A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer's wave goodbye.”What is a quote from all summer in a day? ›
“It had been raining for seven years; thousands upon thousands of days compounded and filled from one end to the other with rain, with the drum and gush of water, with the sweet crystal fall of showers and the concussion of storms so heavy they were tidal waves come over the islands.What good is the warmth of summer quote? ›
“What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck.What is a very powerful quote? ›
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” — Reinhold Niebuhr.What is a beautiful life quote? ›
“Life is abundant, and life is beautiful. And it's a good place that we're all in, you know, on this earth, if we take care of it.”What is a relaxing quote about nature? ›
"Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, it's the only home we've ever known." “The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration.” “Tranquility, serenity, and beauty of nature taught me how to find happiness in life and in the silence of eternity.” “Storms make trees take deeper roots.”What are some memorable quotes? ›
- "The past does not equal the future." ...
- "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ...
- "Spread love everywhere you go. ...
- "Don't find fault. ...
- "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm."
Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude. You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream. Every day may not be good… but there's something good in every day. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
What are 3 good things about the sun? ›
- Sunlight kills bacteria. Many of us spend a lot of time indoors. ...
- Sunlight may reduce high blood pressure. ...
- Sunlight can regulate the immune system. ...
- Sunlight strengthens bones. ...
- Sunlight can improve sleep quality. ...
- Sunlight boosts mood.
“Life does not come with instructions on how to live, but it does come with trees, sunsets, smiles and laughter, so enjoy your day.” “Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.” “Don't forget: Beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies…” “There's nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day."What is the best life quote? ›
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." "I choose to make the rest of my life the best of my life." "Life has no limitations, except the ones you make." "A secret to life: Know that none of this matters, and yet... live as if every single moment does."What are some deep life quotes? ›
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” ...
- “Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.” ~ Oscar Wilde.
- “You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated.” ~ Maya Angelou.
- “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” ~ Tony Robbins.
THE ULTIMATE POWER IN LIFE IS TO BE COMPLETELY SELF-RELIANT, COMPLETELY YOURSELF.” “what comes around goes around.” “Get rich or die tryin'.” “Reality has its own power—you can turn your back on it, but it will find you in the end, and your inability to cope with it will be your ruin.”What is a good phrase for beautiful? ›
40 Ways to Say You Are Beautiful in Speaking Phrases You are so adorable. I have never seen anyone as beautiful as you You make my heart melt Your beauty is incomparable Your smile melts my heart Lovely Dazzling Wow, You are gorgeous.Why is the sun so powerful? ›
The sun is the closest star to Earth. Even at a distance of 150 million kilometers (93 million miles), its gravitational pull holds the planet in orbit. It radiates light and heat, or solar energy, which makes it possible for life to exist on Earth.How powerful is the sun energy? ›
Simple: every second, the sun releases an estimated 384.6 yottawatts (3.846 x 10^26 watts) of energy. For perspective, a single yottawatt is the equivalent energy output of a hydrogen bomb, and a yottawatt is the largest measurement of wattage we have.When you let your light shine quotes? ›
"As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence actually liberates others."What is a short inspirational sunrise quote? ›
“Every day, a million miracles begin at sunrise.” “A night can never defeat the sunrise.” “It was harder to drown at sunrise than in darkness.” “If I should capture the most beautiful sunrise, only then, will I stop capturing them.”
What is the best quotes sunset? ›
- Sunset is the opening music of the night. ...
- Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn. ...
- Every sunset is an opportunity to reset. ...
- Twilight drops her curtain down and pins it with a star. ...
- It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.
- Summer is a state of mind.
- Blue skies and sunshine are where you should be.
- Break away and enjoy the summer heat!
- Hot day, calm night, summertime, what a delight.
- Keep calm; summer is here!
- The sun and the ocean for the day.
- Hot and fun days ahead!
- Sun, sand, and beach.
A jury consisting of 1,500 film artists, critics, and historians selected "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn", spoken by Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in the 1939 American Civil War epic Gone with the Wind, as the most memorable American movie quotation of all time.What is the poem All Summer in a Day about? ›
The story is about a class of students on Venus, which, in this story, is a world of constant rainstorms, where the Sun is only visible for one hour every seven years.Which is the best quote of the day? ›
- “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” ~ Napoleon Hill.
- “Winning doesn't always mean being first. ...
- “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” ...
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” ...
- “It always seems impossible until it's done.”
The sun, the most important symbol in “All Summer in a Day,” embodies all of nature, and its effects on people demonstrate the inextricable connection between humans and the natural world.What are 5 popular slogans? ›
- Bounty "The quicker picker upper" ...
- Old Spice "The original. ...
- AllState "You're in good hands" ...
- Subway "Eat fresh" ...
- Dollar Shave Club "Shave time. ...
- Airbnb "Belong anywhere" ...
- Dunkin' "America runs on Dunkin'" ...
- Kellog's Rice Krispies "Snap!
Slip, Slop, Slap! In the sun we always say "Slip Slop Slap!" Slip, Slop, Slap! Slip on a shirt, slop on sunscreen and slap on a hat, Slip, Slop, Slap! You can stop skin cancer – say: "Slip, Slop, Slap!"What is the best saying of life? ›
Life is too short to be unhappy." "Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments." "Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."Does summer bring happiness? ›
There's so much evidence that getting outside can make you happier, healthier, and improve your general mental well-being.
What are some happy quotes? ›
- "Happiness depends upon ourselves." — ...
- "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." — ...
- "The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. ...
- "Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it." —
We wish you a safe and happy summer! May you and your family have a happy and healthy summer! Thank you for a fabulous year. Hope your summer is filled with reading, writing, and most of all...fun!